When you visit our website, sign up to our newsletter or inquire about our services, for example, we collect personal information about you. This policy provides you with information about:
- What personal information we collect
- How and why we collect it
- How we protect it
- How you can access it
What personal information do we collect?
We collect personal information you voluntarily give us, for example when you register on our members’ area, complete an online form to contact us or to register for our newsletter. This can include:
- Your full name
- Your email address
- Your company
- Your job title
- Your phone number
When applying for a job at Ecosurety, we may also collect personal information you voluntarily give us including:
- Your work history, education, skills, experience and any other information included in your CV
- Details of your job preferences
- Answers to questions that we pose to ascertain your suitability for the job for which you are applying
We automatically collect other technical information when you visit our website too, including:
- your IP address
- login information
- browser type and version
- operating system
- time zone
- pages you have visited on our website
- services you have searched for
- page interactions
- phone numbers used to call our team
How do we use your personal information?
We will only use your information to:
- Provide you with the best customer service we can
- Provide you with member services on the website
- Administer your member account
- Provide any information you request
- Send you updates, including about our services and free training events
- Ensure that our website presents content in the most effective manner for you
- Validate your email address and confirm your eligibility to use our site
- Administer our site, including data analysis, research and statistics
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of our service
- Keep our site safe and secure
We will only use personal information from job applicants to:
- Contact and assess job applicants
- Help understand recruitment behaviour and improving processes. This involves us combining your anonymised information with anonymised information provided by other candidates.
- Be held and processed for the purpose of the selection processes of Ecosurety and in connection with any subsequent employment.
- We will never use personal contact details from job applicants to send marketing materials, including our newsletter or training event emails, unless you have personally signed-up to receive them.
We may also share your information with trusted third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors where it is required for the performance of any services we provide you
- Analytics and search engine providers that help us improve our website
We will never sell your data or use it for purposes that are not related to our core business services. We may however disclose your information if:
- We sell or buy any business or assets
- If Ecosurety Ltd and its assets are acquired by a third party
- If we are required to do so under legal obligation or to enforce the terms of our agreements including contracts and terms and conditions.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We only keep your data for as long as it is necessary for us to do so. The retention period can vary considerably, depending on the type of information and how we use it. For example, we are required to retain data relating to our members’ compliance services for seven years, whilst personal data relating to job applicants is only stored for a maximum of one year.
When we no longer require your personal information, and there is no need to retain it for regulatory or legal reasons, we will either delete it from our systems or depersonalise it so that you cannot be identified.
Opting out of communications
If you would prefer not to receive information from us, including our newsletter, information about free training events or any new services, please email our team on email@example.com or call 0333 4330 370. You can also opt out of our newsletter by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email.
Data security protection
For the purpose of data protection legislation, the data controller is Ecosurety Limited, company number 04713606 whose registered address is Fermentation Building South, Hawkins Lane, Finzels Reach, Bristol, BS1 6JQ. Ecosurety is registered with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (Z2483537).
How and what we collect
We collect information through web forms and via communications you send us using email, phone or Live Chat. We also collect information about how people use our website, so we can improve the website.
To meet legal and regulatory requirements and to ensure we meet high standards, we may monitor and record communications with you (including phone conversations and emails) for quality assurance purposes. We may also monitor calls as part of our staff training.
All information you pass to us is stored on secure servers and may be transferred to or stored at a destination outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). You agree to this by submitting information to us.
How to find out what data we have about you
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to:
The Data Protection Officer, Ecosurety, Fermentation Building South, Hawkins Lane, Finzels Reach, Bristol, BS1 6JQ.
We will send you the information that you request within a maximum of 20 working days and we are happy to correct any inaccuracies that you inform us about. This service is usually free of charge, however in some circumstances we have the right to charge a ‘reasonable fee’.
We use secure SSL certification to encrypt all our web pages, including sensitive personal information that you enter in our web forms before it is then sent to us. We store and manage this information securely to prevent unauthorised access.
Identifying you as a customer
Members of Ecosurety are required to set a username and password to gain access to the members’ area. This password is not available to our team and we ask that you do not share it. It can be reset by visiting https://secure-members-area.ecosurety.com/forgot-password.
What are cookies?
Cookies are files recorded in temporary Internet folders on your PC. They help us to understand how people use our website so that we can improve our services. Cookies record no personal data, can't read your hard disk, can't be used to create computer viruses, and can't fill up your hard drive. You can read more about cookies uses and risks on Wikipedia.
Our business is paper-free, as far as is practically possible. As such we use email to communicate in writing as much as possible. In the case of marketing communications, we will always allow you to unsubscribe from this form of communication within the email itself or by logging into the members’ area.
Last updated: 5 February 2020